Cafeteria Kids Theater
What They Do:
Provide drama classes, camps, and productions for kids, teens, and families in Napa Valley. Serve children from three years old up to college age. Activities include traditional theater/improvisational games, working with scripts, learning choreography, and singing. Actors hone public speaking skills and learn to build trust, confidence, empathy, and self-esteem.
Cafeteria Kids helps children investigate the commonalities that exist in all people as they explore the creative process, using theater as a way to embrace different ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives while having fun.
We offer a broad range of programs: in-school drama residencies that use poetry and Shakespeare to tap into public and private school curriculum, after-school enrichment classes, summer camps, and full-scale musical productions.
Our collaboration with community partner Napa Valley College enhances our commitment to professional level acting training. This provides access to a state of the art facility, college faculty, and an invaluable educational experience.
Other Ways to Help:
- Publicize programs and performances through social media.
- Assist with administrative duties.
- Usher at fall performances.
- Volunteer in costume at fall musical.
- Paint scenery for summer or fall musical.
- Provide meals, drinks, or snacks during tech rehearsals and performances for fall musical.
- Distribute show, camp or class posters.
Deanna Franklin in honor of Olivia Nichols
Wendi Piscia in honor of Olivia Nichols, an amazing actress.