Napa Valley CanDo
What They Do:
Empower, connect, and inspire Valley residents to take action by volunteering in our communities. Create this Give!Guide to raise funds and awareness for local nonprofits. Gather food for the Food Bank year-round including raising fresh summer produce. Clean Napa waterways. Offer non-partisan public forums. Led successful effort limiting single-use plastic bags county-wide.
Napa Valley CanDo believes that when people feel connected, they’re more likely to care. And that when people care, they’re more likely to help one another.
We make it easy to connect: no membership requirements, dues, or mandatory service hours. Instead, our weekly “CanDo Connection” email keeps members in touch with volunteer opportunities and community events.
When potential projects arise, we first research efforts that may already be in place. We have no desire to duplicate others’ activities. But when we tackle an unmet community need, we move forward with purpose.
Example? Our Napa Food Project has delivered 120,000+ pounds of food to the Food Bank since June 2016.
Other Ways to Help:
- Each CanDo project invites done-in-a-day volunteers. Right now that’s the NV Give!Guide, CanDo CanGrow, and the Napa Food Project.
- Ready to step-up and do a bit more? Attend a monthly CanDo gathering to share your thoughts/ideas and learn how we keep moving forward.
- Business partners make a tangible difference! They supply volunteers, funds, distribute catalogs. We always return the favor with shout outs in social media and on our website.
- Writers wanted! Press releases, articles, and the weekly blast welcomes a skilled copyeditor comfortable with computers.
- You want to help. We make it easy.
Our thanks to Mechanics Bank for providing matching funds to CanDo through the Give!Guide (See above).
Paula J. Peterson
Gwenn McKenzie in honor of All the wonderful volunteers who make our community stronger