Napa Valley State Parks Association
What They Do:
Provide financial, technical, and volunteer support to Napa’s three state parks: Bale Grist Mill, Bothe State Park, and Robert Louis Stevenson Park. Support may include hiring skilled craftsmen to repair the water wheel, recruiting volunteers for repairing trails, or purchasing new trail signs that include GPS.
Napa Valley State Parks Association (NVSPA) promotes access to Napa Valley’s three state parks, and through maintenance and improvement programs also enriches the experience for visitors.
Funds provide for Napa Valley school children to visit the parks and engage in naturalist’s programs for free. Summer day camps are also underwritten by the association.
A major focus is providing funds and skilled craftsmen to do ongoing repair of the Bale Grist Mill. The mill is in operation every weekend and requires constant repair and replacement of parts. The association also monitors trails and has an ongoing repair program.
Other Ways to Help:
- Become a board member.
- Volunteer to organize our silent auction at our annual Harvest Dinner.
- Provide your horticulture knowledge to help us replant the native garden at Bothe State Park, which was destroyed when State Parks Dept. installed new handicap ramps into the Visitor’s Center.
- Help us contact members of the Wappo native people to guide the replanting of the native garden.
- Donate your skilled craftsman expertise to help replace parts on our water wheel.
- Volunteer to work the Visitor’s Center at Bothe, which would not otherwise be open 7 days a week.
- Volunteer to be a lifeguard at Bothe.
Our thanks to the Two Friends Foundation for providing matching to NVSPA through the Give!Guide (See above).